To add to what Chandni mentioned, using self-signed certificates and
trusting them is another (though less secure) practice some deployments
leverage.
This ensures encryption over the wire, but does not allow for clients to
validate identity of the Celeborn server components (so potentially liable
to DNS spoofing, MITM attacks, etc).
This might or might not be acceptable to deployments.

Note that the proposal calls securing with TLS as strongly recommended, but
not mandatory.

Regards,
Mridul