OK I sent too soon, sorry about that.
What I did notice is that both Shakeh Elisabeth Khudikyan and Kim
Whitehall's apache ID's are not correct on
http://climate.apache.org/community/people.html. I received bounced emails.

Anyway, back to the point

   - OCW is under development by a small number of people. I work with this
   day-in-day-out with a number of other Apache projects where the role of the
   project committers and project management committee also becomes one which
   involves being an evangelist for the project as well as a developer and
   user of the code.
   - The positive is that the issues which are being logged and addressed
   are valid, forward thinking, feature rich and certainly very positive for
   the project as a whole.
   - Over the last year or so we have not doing terribly well at attracting
   new members to the OCW community who stay and commit code. I am one of them
   and I have committed few lines of code. I do feel that this can be partly
   attributed to the lack of evangelism done with those of us who are 'around'
   and active should push come to shove.
   - We are releasing way to infrequently. Our last release was in January
   of 2015. That is 9 months between releases that, whilst not unheard of, is
   less that what we should be achieving. I firmly believe that we could drive
   more interest in the codebase if we were driving more releases, dealing
   with feedback, taking criticism and generally reaching out to more of the
   scientific community that OCW is purposed to cater for.
   - It appears that we DO NOT set a road-map. Seeing as there are very few
   of us, I propose that was do this from now on. E.g. Pick 10-20 issues which
   are major level or above (according to Jira), then work on these between
   development drives. If new issues arrive which are deemed more serious,
   then we simply evaluate and swap them out. The key here is that we keep
   development drives to a small number of issue with the purpose of driving
   releases.

I think that the above provides us with food for thought.

Any comments from ANYONE on the above?

It has also become obvious to me recently that not everyone is prepared or
able to VOTE and undertake similar project related tasks. If this is the
case, I would kindly ask you to consider going emeritus (or at-least
classifying your activity at that level on the Website). It is important
for us to be realistic when we can barely cover enough VOTE's for a release
when we have a >20 strong PMC. If you were to go emeritus you would, should
you wish to, become active at any stage in the future. This is not an
issue. I just think that we need to be realistic on what the capabilities
of the PMC are when those who are active on the project struggle for close
to 1 month to get a release VOTE'd on.

Thanks very much for reading. I hope the above provides us with some
talking points.

Lewis

--
*Lewis*