On 27/03/13 9:49 PM, "Chip Childers" <chip.child...@sungard.com> wrote:

>On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 03:39:25PM +0000, Murali Reddy wrote:
>> On 27/03/13 8:04 PM, "Chip Childers" <chip.child...@sungard.com> wrote:
>>

>> >Murali Reddy -
>> >  CLOUDSTACK-1673 AWS Regions - Events - User disable event does not
>> >include the UUID of the user that was disabled.
>> >
>> >  Murali, you mentioned that you were working on a fix for this.  You
>> >  happened to note that you would have it by the 20th.  Having any
>>luck?
>>

>> Sorry on the delay. Though I have fix ready, I can not fully test it
>> because most of the events are not generated due to bug CLOUDSTACK-1664.
>> Moreover I do not think its critical bug. I have left below comment in
>>the
>> bug and marked as major. I can fix this bug if required only after fix
>>for
>> CLOUDSTACK-1664 is checked-in.
>>
>> "Do not think its critical issue in the context of Regions. While
>>syncing
>> account/user/domain information across the regions using event bus is
>>just
>> one implementation option. User provisioning system's like portals can
>> directly create account/user/domains across regions with out need of
>>event
>> bus.
>>
>> Even if one uses event bus, there are other implementation options with
>> which once achieve this. For eg, when User/Account/Domain create event
>> occurs, consumers can query list of account/domain/accounts details in
>>the
>> region which generated the event and figure the details of new object
>> created."
>>

>Thanks for the reply.  Assuming that Kelvin's patch for 1664 is actually
>in the
>set of fixes I already applied to 4.1, does that mean that you can test
>and resolve 1673 now?  I see your point about this not being the only
>implementation model for regions, but it is the one that's being
>included as the reference approach for 4.1.  Not syncing a disable event
>sounds like a potential security hole.
>
>Unless anyone objects, and based on the logic above, I'd still consider
>1673 as a critical fix for 4.1.
>
>-chip

Ok, I can fix bug 1673 for 4.1 but I do not see any security issue with
1673. There bug is about the events published on the event bus, does not
have specific information (UUID) on which user/account action is taken.
Did you mean issue reported in 1664 is security issue? There are no events
generated at all by CloudStack for account enable etc.

On 1673, I wasted some time testing this issue on master, looks like
changes for CLOUDSTACK-1664 are not in master yet. I will test with 4.1,
and see if I can close this bug by EOD today.