Hi,

Apologies for not responding more quickly; I'm a non-committer, so I was
actually offline when the patch hit master.

I think the behavior Likitha observed would happen if a developer updated to
latest master, and started the management server, but didn't redeploy the
management server database first.

My understanding is that unless you're upgrading between versions (e.g. 4.1
to 4.2), the only way to make sure you pick up new database changes / config
values in development is to drop and deploy the database after updating.

This is because the management server would look at the existing database,
see that it's at 4.2 already, and decide not to run any upgrade SQL. Since
we
can't get the new database change / config value from upgrade SQL in this
case, we have to drop and deploy the database.

If I'm missing anything, please let me know - from what I've seen, this
seems
to be normal practice, but if there's a better way, I'm happy to make any
changes needed.

Thanks,
Dave.