On Apr 10, 2013, at 9:09 AM, David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 5:35 AM, Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl> wrote:
>> On 04/09/2013 10:58 PM, Donal Lafferty wrote:
>>>
>>> I brought up some problems related to a ServerResource written in C# on
>>> the mailing list [1].
>>>
>>> WRT to the source location, the conclusion seemed to be to create an
>>> Apache CloudStack *project* repo for the source.  E.g. ChipC & DaveN
>>> suggested a separate repo[2][3].
>>>
>>> Who can I approach to get this repo created?  Any committer?
>>>

>> Good one! I think someone from the PMC (like me) should contact Infra to set
>> up a new repository.
>>
>> I'm not sure though since I've never done this before. Any other PMC member
>> how knows how this works?
>>
>> Wido
>>

> Yes, from a resource standpoint, just create the git repo request in
> infra's jira. Feel free to assign it to me, and I'll process it.
>
> From a procedural standpoint, we probably have some due diligence
> necessary on the PMC's part, before we commit to that repo
> (Establishing provenance, ensuring we have paperwork, populating the
> repo with things like LICENSE and NOTICE files)

Yes.  If this is a donation, we need to go through IP clearance. Now
that we've graduated, I can run the process for us. The git repo is
just the target repo to accept the new code.

Step 1, post the code in a tarball somewhere, with a corresponding
checksum. It would be nice if the ASF headers were in place first too.

Step 2 is a project vote to accept the donation. One of the authors
should start this with a reference to the posted location of the
proposed donation and an explanation about what it is.

The authors will need to have ICLAs on file as well, unless you are
trying to do a software grant (which is probably too heavy for this
specific thing).