Heya,

I just checked my qa system. Before starting the usage server I copy the
db.properties and log4j.xml from /etc/cloudstack/management to
/etc/cloudstack/usage.  Without these two files the usage server will have
trouble starting. The db.properties not being present could be the cause for
the DAO failure.

Can you test with this "fix"? If that works I'll fix the usage server to also
look in /etc/cloudstack/managent for those files and package example
configuration in the rpm. (In case people want to install the usage server on
another server than the management server)

Cheers,

Hugo