From: Joe Brockmeier [mailto:j...@zonker.net]
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2013 4:36 AM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DOCS] Documentation focused committers, and review processes

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013, at 02:19 AM, Radhika Puthiyetath wrote:
> Any penalties for people who BLOCK documentation development ?

Are there rewards for the folks who aren't blocking documentation development?
It's not like we can dock their volunteer pay. ;-)

In all seriousness - I'm sure that it's frustrating to do the work and wait on
feedback that is slow in coming. But every project suffers from more work than
hands to do it. I don't think we should be looking to penalize or shame
anybody, we just need to find ways to help people do their work more
efficiently.

We *could* revert features where the developer has not reviewed documentation,
but who does that help? Assuming a feature is complete and isn't buggy, is it
better for the user not to have a feature because someone didn't have enough
time to review docs? Probably not.

In this case, I think Chip's proposal is the right one: docs folks should do
the docs to the best of their ability, commit, and raise the new docs to the
attention of the developer(s) specifically responsible for the feature and the
dev@ list in general. (And perhaps even the user@ list.)

Best,

jzb
--