On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 09:43:47AM -0700, Kelven Yang wrote:

> On 4/16/13 1:15 AM, "Prasanna Santhanam" <t...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> >This is probably a question for the Spring community but I'll ask here
> >anyway. Every so often when the componentContext.xml.in changes I find
> >that I have to fix up simulatorComponentContext.xml.in similarly to
> >make the beans load appropriately and for the bvt tests to work.
> >
> >Is there a way similar to the components-premium.xml we had before to
> >'inherit' Spring contexts so it's easier to maintain the xmls?
> >
> >--
> >Prasanna.,
>
> Unfortunately, Spring does not provide an out-of-box solution to inherit
> between XML configuration files currently, however it provides the feature
> to merge several independent context files together.
>
> What you may do is to have your simulator components in a separated
> context XML file and have Spring merge it along with other common context
> files (like we did for applicationContext.xml + componentContext.xml).

Thanks Kelven, I explored the merging of contexts and it might be
unsuitable for my case since I have to override some beans of the
applicationContext that are required for the simulator. Specifically
the SecondaryStorageDiscoverer needs to be overridden by the
SimulatorSecondaryStorageDiscoverer.

--
Prasanna.,