Another question for you, Edison. :)

I've got enough of the plug-in implemented that I'd like to see it execute
a bit in CloudStack.

How do I configure componentContext.xml.in to see my plug-in?

Here is the example you provided a while ago:

<bean id="ClassicalPrimaryDataStoreProvider"
class="org.apache.cloudstack.storage.datastore.provider.CloudStackPrimaryDataStoreProviderImpl">
****

  </bean>

Can you tell me what the id is used for (therefore what value I should
place here)?

Thanks!