Hi Will,

"Per zone" is mostly for external network devices(e.g. SRX). We can
configure one public network address on SRX, and use that one(which is out
of Cloudstack's control) for all the public traffic go through the device.
That's "Per zone".

"Per account" is the other way, used by VR in CloudStack. It would acquire
one public ip from public ip pool in the zone for each isolated network,
and make it source nat IP for the network. The name "per account" because
in the past one user would have only one isolated network, so the network
is de facto per account. It's not necessary true now, but the name remained
I think.

There are probably bad names, we should get better name than them...

--Sheng