Hi,
the issue CLOUDSTACK-2207 is due to a difference between documentation and Upgrade2214To30 java file :

in the Java file :

select id from `cloud`.`vm_template` where name = 'systemvm-vmware-3.0.0' and removed is null");

in the documentation :

VMware Name: systemvm-vmware-4.1.0
Zone: Choose the zone where this hypervisor is used
Hypervisor: VMware
Format: OVA
OS Type: Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 (32-bit)
Extractable: no
Password Enabled: no
Public: no
Featured: no

So DatabaseUpgrade fails.
For our upgrade process, we have installed the new template with name "systemvm-vmware-3.0.0". And it works.