Hi,

I posted this in the users mailing-list, but I would like to hear from the dev side about it since I did not have satisfaction on the answers :)

Basically, there are 4 different SCSI controller type within VMWare 5.1 (PVSCSI,BUS,SAS, and Parallel). We should be able to select the type from within CloudStack, and deploy a template with the proper type. I guess it would be a good feature to add. What do you think?

Thanks!

On 2013-05-17 12:17 AM, Ahmad Emneina wrote:
take a look at the global configuration setting, search for the parameter named: 'vmware.root.disk.controller'

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 5:06 PM, Francois Gaudreault <fgaudrea...@cloudops.com <mailto:fgaudrea...@cloudops.com>> wrote:

    Hi,

    We ran into an issue today with a Windows 2008 template.  The
    template has been created in another VMWare 5.1 cluster using LSI
    SAS as the SCSI controller.  We imported that template in
    CloudStack, and we noticed that CS deploys the VM using the LSI
    Parallel controller type instead.  That results in a Blue Screen.
    We didn't find anything in CS to change that behavior.  Is this
    something planned for the future? (ie. when we create the
    template, we can select the controller type if SCSI is selected).

    Thanks!

-- Francois Gaudreault
    fgaudrea...@cloudops.com <mailto:fgaudrea...@cloudops.com>
    514-629-6775 <tel:514-629-6775>