On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 12:34:45AM +0000, Chiradeep Vittal wrote:
> I don't see limited interest. It seems that bugs are trickling in every
> day and they are being taken up as they come in. Is there any blocker
> without any action for more than a few days? The only one I can see
> CLOUDSTACK-2463.

Chiradeep,

My response to Animesh was flippant and not overly helpful. You are
correct that things are being addressed.  My point was more that the
community in general seems to have moved on from 4.1, yet we have not
released it yet.  Bugs that have come up are taking several requests for
attention, and once there is a reply it's frequently taking several requests
to get follow ups.  This is a volunteer project, so that alone isn't the
issue.  I raise the question about what to do about 4.1 in the interest
of asking the rest of the community if you have, indeed, moved on and
want to focus on 4.2 instead.

Others,

I'm frankly surprised at how few people have responded to this thread,
given the volume of commit / merge / jira activity going on for new features.
Obviously there is lots of effort going into new feature dev, so it's not at
all like we have stopped paying attention to the project as a community
(far from it).

As for the current state of consensus around my questions:

* Animesh indicated a desire to keep moving on both fronts.
* Prasanna indicated his concern that changes in master are being missed
  by people looking at 4.1.
* John indicated his concern about the priority conflict WRT stabilizing
  4.2 and 4.1 concurrently.
* Chiradeep - I know you replied to this thread (obviously), but I'm not
  sure if I saw an answer to the questions I raised (although you make a
  fair point, which I address above).

I'm looking for more feedback one way or the other here.

-chip