On May 27, 2013, at 1:55 AM, Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkow...@solidfire.com>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to submit code for the first time.
>
> I'm following the instructions here:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Review+Board+Guidelines
>
> When it says to upload my diff, I assume it means my .patch file. Is that
> correct?
>
> I generate such a file this way:
>
> git format-patch upstream/master --stdout > solidfire_plugin.patch

That should work. I usually just do:
git format-patch master --stdout > my.patch

> It works just fine, but when I try to upload it by clicking on the Create
> Review Request button, I get the following error:
>
> The file
> 'plugins/hypervisors/xen/src/com/cloud/hypervisor/xen/resource/CitrixResourceBase.java'
> (r5f45a62) could not be found in the repository
> *
> *

Create a fresh branch out of your local master and try to see if your patch
applies cleanly:
git --check apply ( I think).

Maybe it's a relative path issue (just a wild guess).

> I'm not sure why it says this because this file is a part of the current
> repository.
>
> Would someone be able to explain what I might be doing wrong here?
>
> I did update from the ACS repo and merge its master (my upstream/master)
> into my solidfire_plugin branch recently. After doing this, I committed the
> changes and made my .patch file.

Did you check your patch making sure that all changed files were staged ?

I always do a git status -s , it's very helpful.