I guess the question would be "why do you want xs-tools on the system vm"?
Other than xs tools, Debian wheezy should work just fine on XS 6.1

As a point of reference, Debian squeeze wasn't supported on XS 5.6 (the
first release on which the "old" system vm was deployed) either and worked
just fine.

Wheezy was GA just a month ago, XS 6.1 was GA over 6 months ago, so it
isn't surprising.

There's a tweak mentioned at the bottom of this blog post:
http://xenhelp.blogspot.com/2012/05/debian-wheezy-on-xenserverxcp.html

--
Chiradeep