With the introduction of internal LB with n-tier apps there are
additional APIs for LoadBalancers:

For regular old style load balancing which works with rules:
listLoadBalancerRules
createLoadBalancerRule
deleteLoadBalancerRule

Each return a LoadBalancerResponse
(should that be renamed to LoadBalancerRuleResponse?)

and assignToLoadBalancerRule assigns VMs to the rule

On n-tier though via internallbVM one can create LoadBalancers. The
group of APIs:
createLoadBalancer
deleteLoadBalancer
listLoadBalancers

each returns an ApplicationLoadBalancerResponse

and assignToLoadBalancerRule which adds VMs to the above created
containers.

>From the spec [1] I partially understand the workflow but have some
doubts.

>From what I understood the n-tier APIs act like containers of
LoadBalancerRules. Is this correct?

If yes, are we overloading the existing APIs to add rules to an
internal load balancer?

If no, are the new set of APIs used to add rules as well (it seems
this is the case)? In which case - does it make sense to think of it
as a logical (re-appliable) grouping?

Does this (partially) relate to the Elastic Load Balancing on AWS?

Thanks,

--
Prasanna.,