Yes, disassociation means on future restarts the VM will not follow the
affinity group rule.

-----Original Message-----
From: Prasanna Santhanam [mailto:t...@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 9:45 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Renaming updateVMAffinityGroup -> updateAffinityGroup

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 09:59:40PM +0000, Prachi Damle wrote:
> Hi Prasanna,
> deleteAffinityGroup API should not take the VM Id parameter - I have
> updated the FS. This API is supposed  to disassociate all VMs from the
> group and delete the affinity group entity in the DB.

Thanks Prachi, I saw your checkin for this. But wouldn't this mean disocciation
is complete only when those VMs get rebooted? The VMs remain attached to the
affinity-group they were deployed in. Am I correct? Similarly for
update(VM)AffinityGroup, only a reboot will truly change the affinity on the
VMs?

--
Prasanna.,