On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 09:42:29PM +0000, Edison Su wrote:
> And that's one of reason I don't care that much about the issue with nfs
> cache storage, couldn't we put our energy on cloud style storage solution,
> instead of on the un-scalable storage?

I'll try to think through your whole email a bit tomorrow.  But for
tonight:

The comment above is a bad sign to me.  My answer: Because Apache
CloudStack has a significant set of users that use it in environments that
aren't all "cloud style" infrastructure.  If we start heading
down that path of not caring about the dual workload use case, and mixed
infrastructure environments, we will start losing users.  That basic
premise of the dual workloads for users and infra design flexibility for
operators is a strength of this project right now.

Your comment is actually orthogonal to the technical discussions we need
to be having about the branch though.

-chip