I have spent some time looking at the usage data in the database and
looking over the code.

When 'bytes_in' and 'bytes_out' are reported, they are reported for a
specific network.  Is this only for traffic between the public and the
private network?  Does private traffic affect these numbers if the traffic
does not go through the public?  So if two VMs on the same network send
traffic between them selves on their vlan without it being routed through
the public ip, will that traffic show up in the bytes_in and bytes_out data?

Thanks...