Will,

We have several other integrated components that have the similar
situation, it makes sense to consolidate the HTTPS client we used across
CloudStack and have a global configuration to deal with self-signed
certificate for all in testing or POC.

To help testing/POC process to be smooth, we may allow self-signed
certificate by default(which is the current behave), security sensitive
customers should disallow self-signed certificates in their production
environment.

Kelven