On 06/12/2013 07:38 AM, Sudha Ponnaganti wrote:
Thanks Wido for the response. I have another question.  Is there any impact
because of storage refactoring work that Edison and min have been doing??

I don't think so. We could implement some new strategies for RBD with the new framework, but I haven't done that.

The Object Store is something different, since that enables you to use the Amazon S3 compatible RADOS Gateway from Ceph as Secondary Storage (Backup and Template).

Wido

-----Original Message-----
From: Wido den Hollander [mailto:w...@widodh.nl]
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 10:23 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: [ACS42] Ceph Storage Integration with Cloudstack -

Hi,

I recently wrote a short blog post about this:
http://blog.widodh.nl/2013/06/a-quick-note-on-running-cloudstack-with-rbd-on-ubuntu-12-04/

The RBD integration in CloudStack 4.2 (master branch) is ready for testing, not
everything has been verified by me, but it should work.

Things that I'm not yet sure about:
* Expunging of RBD volumes
* Expunging of unused templates from Primary Storage

It has all been integrated into the build process in master, so it should be
just a matter of setting up a cluster from the master branch, add Ceph primary
storage and see if it works.

A second pair of eyes on the code is always welcome, since I probably forgot
something.

Wido