Hi John,

So, maybe I'm wrong about this, but what I was thinking is that we'd build
two radio buttons into the Add Disk Offering dialog (we can ignore Compute
Offerings for 4.2 since my feature doesn't yet support them).

Let's just called these radio buttons 1) Hypervisor QoS and 2) Storage QoS
for the purpose of this e-mail.

By default, neither radio button is selected and no QoS fields are visible.

If the user selects the Storage QoS radio button, then the Custom IOPS
checkbox and the Min and Max text fields are made visible.

If the user changes his mind and selects the Hypervisor QoS radio button,
then the Custom IOPS checkbox and the Min and Max text fields disappear and
are replaced by the two Hypervisor QoS text fields.

This way, the user can choose neither QoS option or one of them or the
other, but never both.

On the API side, I was thinking of having logic in place when a request
comes in to create a Disk Offering to confirm these fields are the way we
want them.

Once we know the Disk Offering is in order, a user can create a data disk
from it. Since we checked the validity of the Disk Offering when it was
created, the VM should never be asked to use Hypervisor QoS when Storage
QoS in being utilized.

Does that make sense or did I miss something?

Thanks