All,

I apologize for losing track of this issue.  We discussed the lack of Swift
support briefly in late May/early June as part of the first round review, but I
completely lost track of it in the sea of items being addressed.

This gap represents a feature deprecation without any community discussion.  A
lack of code changes or test requests for a feature does not translate to no
usage.  It also does not provide license for a feature to be dropped without
community discussion and consensus.

In summary, post merge is not the time to be asking this question.  I am
concerned about the precedent this action will set in future release cycles.
Furthermore, re-implementation of a feature should be complete.  To me, it is
not acceptable to say, "I re-implemented the functionality with which I was
familiar.  Hey, community, if you like those other parts, you will need to fill
in the gaps."  To my mind, a feature re-implementation should not be acceptable
until it implements all of the capabilities it is replacing.

Thanks,
-John