Hello All,

As you know, evaluating performance of a resource allocation policy for a cloud
environment is very important, also it is critical to be able to compare
different policies' performance with each other. So, I am interested to know
that do developers of CloudStack use any specific tool to simulate a [new]
resource allocation policy?

I think it is not reasonable to use a real testbed for every single idea during
the developing phase. Furthermore, comparing different policies to each other
(using dependable simulators) can be used a basis to provide benchmarking
results. Needless to say, by using simulator, I do not mean providing results
using trial and error.

Best regards,
Pouya