Association of DC to a Zone was introduced as part of [1]. With this change
VCenter details at the "Add Cluster" page should be optional to take care of
legacy zones(zones created prior to [1] support). This could be a bug in UI

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Mapping+model+for+CloudStack+zone+and+Vmware+datacenter