Edison,

I suggest creating a utils model in engine/storage in package
org.apache.cloudstack.engine.storage.utils.  When I Swift and S3 were
originally implemented, we didn't have such a good place to put these types of
classes.  Now that we have a more robust module structure, it seems appropriate
to move them out.

Thanks,
-John