What I like particularly about ASFBot is that it lets me track JIRA
easily. If it is indeed creating noise may be some of the alerts can
be pruned down. The thing I suspect is annoying people is the git2jira
updates on bugs. I guess bot comments on JIRA bug reports needn't be
broadcast.

Humbeedoh in the #asfinfra channel is your man for tuning the bot.

--
Prasanna.,