Top job!

PS: I know technically we cover this by invoking "-R" in the docs example, but do you think the issue warrants dropping few words in there to underline the issue? Something like "do note the -R switch which backs up the MySQL database routines"

On 2023-09-04 15:22, Rohit Yadav wrote:
Wei pointed out privately to me that it's already in our docs at https://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/upgrading/upgrade/upgrade-4.17.html#database-preparation

My bad, I didn't notice it earlier :)

Regards.

________________________________
From: Nux <n...@li.nux.ro>
Sent: Monday, September 4, 2023 19:44
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org <dev@cloudstack.apache.org>
Cc: users <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.18.1.0 (RC2)

Cheers Rohit,

I'm for including the routines bit in the release or upgrade notes. We
haven't had such a gotcha until now, even though it's not strictly
within scope.

Regards

On 2023-09-04 14:03, Rohit Yadav wrote:
+1 (binding)

Upgraded a multi-zone (edge and core) KVM env with NFS, local storage
and Linstor storage from 4.18.0.0 to 4.18.1.0. Post upgrade tested VM
deployment as root admin and normal user account.

I hit the issue of procedures not found as I had moved my DB from one
host to another and didn't export the routines using mysqldump -R flag. I could apply them manually courtesy of Wei. I think we should document
this that people moving their DBs must also backup/dump the routines
(procedures), though I don't think that's a usual thing that users
would normally do - and is outside of scope of CloudStack.

Regards.