On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 09:24:18AM -0400, Chip Childers wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 06:02:04PM +0530, Prasanna Santhanam wrote:
> > Almost all the integration tests use the built-in CentOS template in
> > the deployment for their test scenarios. Sometimes this is less
> > desirable since the tests can verify functionality within cloudstack
> > that requires certain services to be up within the guest. For instance
> > the VPC tests ensure loadbalancing over the web port works correctly,
> > for which it requires the httpd service to be running.
> >
> > Since we may have specific needs in tests for future, I've added an
> > appliance definition built on top of a CentOS6.4-minimal +xs-tools in
> > the tools/appliance/builtin directory. This change is pushed to master
> > (26a0fd5). The automated test deployments will replace the regular
> > built-in with this template to help verify such tests as described
> > above.
> >
> > I've put in a job on jenkins as well for this -
> > http://jenkins.buildacloud.org/view/master/job/build-test-centos-builtin/
> >
> > I'm still testing the template at the moment but wanted to bring this
> > up in case anyone sees problems with this approach?
>
> Great approach, and seems easy to add a new service when / if required
> for a new test scenario.

This is ready to use.

These are built on a weekly basis right now. It is a CentOS 6.4
minimal image but boots successfully after registering as CentOS 5.3
(64-bit) (builtin) within cloudstack. I added the KVM image, started a
VM from it and it successfully gets hostname, ip from virtual router.

The httpd service starts on bootup and a test page is placed as
test.html which says "Hello, World".  Port 80 is open for connections.
--
Prasanna.,