On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 03:37:39PM +0900, Thomas O'Dowd wrote:
> Thanks Ian. I had a look at this file. It's an easy fix to remove the
> check from here but it's a general utility function so will also affect
> other uris... If there is no reason to limit any uri to those ports then
> I'd like to remove this check and open them up.
>
> Interested to hear opinions,

This is probably because earlier one would interact only with the SSVM
to download any images off of secondary storage. With 4.2 that ability
is transferred to the image store like say s3/cloudian and one can get
direct http access to the image on the object store. The code in
validateUrl assumes that the url check goes always to the SSVM on
which only 80/443/8080 are open by default.

--
Prasanna.,