Toshaki,

As long as the enabling of features is completely in control by
cloudstack developers this model will probably work fine. If generic
code in cloudstack enables a new feature in the upgrade version of an
SDN implementation or storage provider or hypervisor, it may not. I
think we want to write as much of such generic code as possible to be
vendor/version independent as much as we can. This is the conflict I
am seeing with the model. As a guiding principle it is fine for
specific code that can not be abstracted away from the target
implementations.

regards,