From: Donal Lafferty [mailto:donal.laffe...@citrix.com]
Sent: Saturday, August 31, 2013 5:19 AM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: [Merge] Minimal Hyper-V Plugin

A plugin for Hyper-V control is available for CloudStack.  The plugin
implements basic VM control;  however, its architecture allows additional
functionality to be easily added.  Incorporating the plugin in CloudStack will
allow the community to participate in improving the features available with
Hyper-V.

The plugin uses a Director Connect Agent architecture described here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Progress

This links provides details of third party libraries used by the plugin
including their licenses.  No source for these libraries is used, and the
binaries are downloaded from their distributors at build time.

No proprietary tools are required for the build.  For instance, C# compiled
with Mono has been tested.  Therefore, the plugin has been added to the default
build and the default deployment.

The plugin includes unit and functional tests that can be triggered at build
time.  See the link above for details.

The Apache header is applied to source and where feasible to build config files.

The source is the https://github.com/lafferty/cloudstack/tree/hyperv_plugin

Finally, the review request is at https://reviews.apache.org/r/13922/

Testing?

Integration test:  created zone with CIFS secondary storage, added Hyper-V
host, registered templates, create/stop/start/destroy VM.  Scripts for zone
setup are available on request.

Functional & unit tests:  the Java versions are part of the build.  The C#
versions were run inside Visual Studio's Test Explorer.