H Dave,

It seems we are working on similar things, David. My take on things is
to add a network offering for vpc private gateways. I extend the api
call with the optional netoffer. It sounds like you are doing
something slightly different but we are bound to break each others
code as well, even when i am working with private networks and you
with public ones.

In general the extensibility of net-implementations does need some
work. replacing the guru does not seem like the way to go to me. I'd
say that the offer is what drives what guru/element to use.

regards,
Daan