We recently encountered some OOM issues on a reasonably loaded router-vm. This
particular instance was given adequate memory / cpu resources and was handling
a production load for a decent amount of time.
We currently believe that the root-cause was a hard to trigger bug in the
2.6.32-5-686 debian kernel running on the VM, which caused a kernel slab
exhaustion and triggered the oom-killer.

This seems like something which might be fixed in the 3.2/wheezy kernel shipped
with 4.2 - so we're planning an upgrade for the affected virtual machines.

I've created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-4623 in an
attempt to document the issue for future reference.