From: "Chip Childers" <chip.child...@sungard.com>
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 6:14:20 AM
Subject: Re: Free template repository or marketplace

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 11:26:12AM +0200, France wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> during recent problems creating my own Ubuntu 12.04 LTS PV template
> to work on CS 4.1.1. with XS 6.0.2, i got the idea, that it would be
> nice, if i could share my templates with the world. I would also
> like to get new ones for free. So before i go and create my own
> public free template repository, (because i could not find one), i
> would like to ask, does Cloudstack have some sort of marketplace in
> plans? If so, what's the deadline and are templates going to be free
> of charge?
>
> Regards,
> F.

There was talk about doing something like this, perhaps in conjunction
with the OpenNebula project.  However, that was quite some time ago and
nothing (that I'm aware of) has moved forward with it.

One of the downstream projects, CloudSand, is working on making some
basic OS templates available (along with some CloudStack-in-a-box
templates).  http://www.cloudsand.com/content/

Ilya is the one running this project.  Perhaps you two could
collaborate?  I'm sure that creating useful OS templates is something
that everyone would find valuable!

-chip