I like it as well, especially with the number of dev on the project now.  I
think by feature is a good idea.  I do think there are a number of
miscellaneous updates like an index to an existing table that having its own
sql file is too much.  Maybe we should define when something should be in it's
own sql file.  For example, if a feature makes this many changes or certain
types of changes on the db schema, then it must define its own sql file.  One
obvious one would be if you introduce a new table, it should be in its own sql
file.

As I was saying in a previous email, the current upgrade code does support this
way of specifying upgrades.  Each upgrade class actually returns an array of
sql files, not just one.  It's just our current practice that puts all upgrades
into one single file.  It's not due to the upgrade code.

--Alex