Build problem?

Let me explain:

Bean definitions cross reference .class files, e.g.

Administrator@cc-svr10 ~/github/cifs
$ grep -R iciraNvpDaoImpl * --include=*.xml.in
cloudstack/client/tomcatconf/componentContext.xml.in:  <bean
id="niciraNvpDaoImpl" class="com.cloud.network.dao.NiciraNvpDaoImpl" />
cloudstack/client/tomcatconf/nonossComponentContext.xml.in:  <bean
id="niciraNvpDaoImpl" class="com.cloud.network.dao.NiciraNvpDaoImpl" />

Notice I’m using .xml.in above.   The build copies these files and changes
their extension to .xml

Next, check that the bean’s class has been deployed to the folder that Jetty
will use, e.g.

Administrator@cc-svr10 ~/github/cifs
$ grep -R "iciraNvpDaoImpl\.class" *
Binary file
cloudstack/client/target/cloud-client-ui-4.3.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib/cloud-plugin-network-nvp-4.3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
 matches
Binary file cloudstack/client/target/cloud-client-ui-4.3.0-SNAPSHOT.war matches
Binary file
cloudstack/plugins/network-elements/nicira-nvp/target/cloud-plugin-network-nvp-4.3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
 matches

If you don’t see any matches, then the command you used to build may be for an
older version of CloudStack. :(

This happens whenever we improve the build, because build updates are not
backwards compatible.

If you are using the Windows Development instructions
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Setting+up+a+CloudStack+dev+environment+on+Windows
 , take a look at the update just I made to “Step 13) Build”.

If you have similar problems in the future, take a look at the most up to date
build instructions, which are at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/How+to+build+CloudStack

DL