Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone can help us with this issue? There seems to be a
situation where the CleanupSnapshotBackup process deletes vhd files belonging
to an active BackupSnapshot process. I've created CLOUDSTACK-692 for it and
logged as much info as possible, including the steps I use to clean the mess up
after we have hit this. We have seen it happen in CS 4.0 and 4.1.1, and from
what I have seen in the code it probably also exists in 4.2.
I haven't reproduced the issue in a lab because we are hitting it quite often
in production and uat so I have all the examples I need. :) But I guess the
best way to reproduce it is to create a vm with quite some io activity (so
snapshots will be big), enable hourly snapshot and shorten the
storage.cleanup.interval global setting so the cleanup process gets trigger
more frequently.
We are hitting this on XenServer 6.0.2 but if this snapshot cleanup and backup
process is generally the same across other HVs type I would image this is
relevant for that as well...

Kind regards,
Joris van Lieshout