From: Krasimir Baylov [mailto:kbai...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 1:57 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Can I Suspend a CloudStack VM through the REST API?

Hi all,

Is there a way to hibernate a running VM in CloudStack with the REST API? I
know I can deploy/start/stop/destroy it but I couldn't find a way of
hibernating it.

By hibernate I mean - releasing the resources that the VM uses while preserving
it's state (like SLEEP in Windows). In other words, when I resume the VM it
should have the same state (running programs, opened
files,...) as it was before the suspend. (This would need to persist the VMs
RAM though).

Any hints on what can I do? Is there anything implemented I can use or I need
to develop it myself. My current setup uses KVM and CloudStack 4.1.1.

Thank you!
Krasimir