It is not a small issue. is_default filed was added to the table as a part
of the 41-42 db upgrade. Looks like the code tries to retrieve system user
before the db upgrade is completed.

DB upgrade is a major part of system integrity check; no queries to the DB
should be made before its completed. Francois, did you start seeing this
problem just recently?

-Alena.