From: Marcus Sorensen [shadow...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2013 11:19 AM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cloudstack collab Hackathons

I'm not at all against it, I just haven't heard anyone give any reason
as to why.  Keep in mind that we'd essentially be asking anyone who
has written code for the agent to re-do their work (midonet, vxlan,
storage plugins).  My impression is that people just like the 'feel'
of it being in Python, and for good reason, but that ignores the fact
that 1) we've already done the work, and 2) features still require
java knowledge since the agent doesn't do anything the mgmt server
doesn't ask for.  Without anyone explaining why, it just sort of feels
like rearranging deck chairs on a boat with serious leaks going on
below deck. Worse, people brought their own chairs, and we threw them
overboard because they're now the wrong color.