Hey John,

That would be my idea.

Make it mandatory for new (maven) projects coming into the code base and slowly
start working on fixing the existing projects.  The current checkstyle setting
is very relaxed, just a few basic checks. Stuff that we could technically fix
with a few well written regular expressions even.  Over time we can start
implementing parts of our code style in the checkstyle config, but that is long
term planning.

Cheers,

Hugo