Here was the last from the thread you're thinking of, no resolution follow up,
so I don't know if it fixed things previously:

Hi Min,

1/ I just pulled the latest code from master and used marvin, it went fine.
Are you still facing this issue? Make sure your local setup is clean and marvin
installed with latest pull.

2/  It seems you don't have codes.py file available under
python/site-packages/.../marvin folder? Ideally it will get installed when you
run your build. If its still an issue, run python setup.py install from
tools/marvin/ folder and see if it works around.

Thanks!
Santhosh