Going to an ORM is not as simple as you would expect.  First, one can make a
strong argument that ORM is not the right solution, but that can be ignored
right now.

You have to look at the context of ACS and figure out what technology is the
most practical to adopt.  ACS does not have ORM today.  It has a custom query
api, object mapping, and change tracking for simple CRUD.   Honestly these
features are quite sufficient for ACS needs.  The problem, and why we should
change it, is that the current framework is custom, limited in functionality,
undocumented, and generally a barrier to people developing on ACS.  So jOOQ is
a somewhat similar approach but it is just far far better, has a community of
users that have developed over 3-4 years, is well documented, and honestly just
a very well thought out framework.

Darren