Got it Vijay. I have submitted another patch for certificate chaining. I have tested with 10.1 and it works. I send a patch for the move to 10.1 as well.

Thanks,
-Syed

On Wed 27 Nov 2013 04:52:47 AM EST, Vijay Venkatachalam wrote:
In order to continue with the old behavior, use HTTPS but have cert and
hostname validation turned off, the following has to be done
              nitro_service.set_certvalidation(false);
              nitro_service.set_hostnameverification(false);

-----Original Message-----
From: Syed Ahmed [mailto:sah...@cloudops.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 5:58 AM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Getting error while adding Netscaler with the new 10.1 API

Hi,

I am trying to move the Netscaler to the 10.1 Nitro API and while using the
new API I am getting the following error when adding Netscaler device

PKIX
   path building failed:
sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find
valid certification path to requested target

I have changed to use HTTP instead of HTTPS in nitro to temporarily work
around this problem. Is HTTPS absolutely required for communication with
external devices? or does my workaround is a valid fix?

Thanks,
-Syed