+1, and for avoidance of doubt...

To *build* the Hyper-V agent, we can use Mono and NuGet packages with licenses
acceptable to the Apache Community.  The packages are downloaded automatically.

To *unit* test the Hyper-V agent, you can use Mono and the NuGet packages.
Unit tests mock the Hyper-V API response to CloudStack commands.

For *functional* and *integration* tests, you need a Windows operating system.
These are release tests and not build tests.

DL