-----Original Message-----
From: sebgoa [mailto:run...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2013 12:36 AM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] 2rd round of voting for ASF 4.2.1 third RC

On Dec 12, 2013, at 3:08 AM, Abhinandan Prateek <abhinandan.prat...@citrix.com>
wrote:

> On 11/12/13 11:24 pm, "Chip Childers" <chipchild...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 05:56:50PM +0100, Daan Hoogland wrote:
>>> Though I'm out of principle not very appreciative for the 'extra'
>>> fixes form RC to RC, ...
>>
>> Looking at the log, it seems that most of the activity are tied to
>> test script fixes.  That sort-of makes sense, but at the same time it
>> triggers the idea that Prasanna proposed earlier...  do we separate
>> the tests from the core project at some point.
>>
>> Other commits are clearly bug fixes, which are appropriate IMO.
>
> Is there a way to lock a particular branch after an RC has been cut ?
> With so many developers distributed across the globe I think it is
> very difficult to control the commits going into a branch after RC has
> been cut. As a RN I can only go thru the commits and see if any of
> those can cause unwanted changes and try to test those out.

Abhi, as RN I would support you if you wanted to revert commits made to the
branch until the release is out.
You can call for a code/commit freeze, with you as the only committer to the
branch.

[Animesh] For 4.2.0  David had created a separate temporary branch into which
folks put their fixes in and I would review and cherry pick them.

-sebastien