On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 10:12:26AM +0100, sebgoa wrote:

> We should also have an open discussion about the import of
> https://github.com/vogxn/cloud-autodeploy in
> marvin/marvin/misc/build. That repo from prasanna while part of the
> CI infra is really custom config for Citrix internal infra (right
> ?). I don't think this has a place inside the Marvin code. When we
> build Marvin for instance, what happens to that code ? Does it get
> uploaded to pypi if we push Marvin to pypi ?

It's not for Citrix internal actually and I'm not aware what is used
internally within Citrix right now. Shouldn't be widely different.

This code drives tests run via jenkins.bacd.org only. I think it's a
mistake to bring in infra-code into product-code because of a marvin
dependency. Instead marvin should be separated and pushed to pypi on
successful builds regularly and the infra code and choose/not to pick
that change. Sorry, I didn't notice the discussion for this but it's
going to be problematic having it within marvin code. Just like we
have unrelated test code lying about :)

TestInfraCode makes breaking and radical changes which is why I kept
it separate. A lot like openstack-infra in fact. Curious as to why it
was thought to be a good idea to bring this into cloudstack?  May be a
cloudstack-infra repo would be more appropriate? *

* Although, I prefer github and its PRs for this.

--
Prasanna.,