Interesting...that commit was a combination of Marcus' and my code. We
might want to bring him in on this conversation.

I believe the idea is when a VM is stopped that we want to remove, for
example, its iSCSI connections to its data disks (just using iSCSI as an
example here). This is similar (but not the same of course) to how we
disconnect a VBD from a VDI for a VM when the VM is stopped. When the VM is
restarted, we create a new VBD and connect the VDI to the VM through it
(and there is an analogous process that LibvirtStorageAdaptor does during
VM start).

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkow...@solidfire.com