Hi,

I was wondering how we control access to shared resources that are being
utilized by different management servers at the same time.

For example:

When a user attaches a volume (that's based on the SolidFire plug-in) to a
VM, my plug-in looks at the CloudStack account that is requesting the
operation. If this CloudStack account does not have a corresponding account
on the SolidFire SAN, I must create one (there is a 1:1 mapping between
CloudStack and SolidFire accounts).

How can I protect against a situation where my plug-in is running in
multiple management servers and performing this kind of operation at the
same time (in other words, I don't want both instances of the plug-in to
see no SolidFire account and then they each end up creating one, which
breaks the 1:1 mapping between a CloudStack account and a SolidFire
account)?

Thanks!

--
*Mike Tutkowski*